If your home is located in an area where winters are harsh and extreme weather is to be expected, you might consider installing exterior rolling shutters. Exterior rolling shutters not only protect your house from the effects of rain, snow, and wind, but they can also provide energy savings. They are a perfect solution for outfitting your home for the winter and still maintain the aesthetic of your home.
Protect Your Cabana in Winter
Winterizing Your Gazebo
Secure Your Pool House in Winter
All of this can be mitigated by installing exterior window shutter. They provide extremely effective pool house insulation. External shutters provide insulation from cold weather while protecting glass doors and windows from rain, snow, and high winds. They can also provide security from potential burglars since they are made from sturdy and durable materials. If you are using your pool house as storage in the winter or possibly planning on using the space as a workshop or game room in the winter, investing in exterior rolling shutters is a no brainer. They can render space that is otherwise unusable (in the winter) into something that you can enjoy year-round.
Advantages of Exterior Shutters
- They can protect your house or auxiliary space from extreme weather conditions such as storms, rain, snow, and high winds during the winter months. No more leaks, destroyed furniture, or broken window glass. Weatherproof your house, pool house, cabana or gazebo.
- During the summer, they can provide excellent shade from the sun and keep the inside of your house cool.
- Exterior rolling shutters are insulating shutters. They provide excellent energy savings in both summer and winter. Glass doors and windows are the areas where most of the energy in your house is lost. Some estimates go as high as 33%, which is a significant amount and big hit on your home budget. By installing exterior rolling shutters, you can keep your house warm or cool for a fraction of the original energy cost.
- They offer added security for your home or auxiliary spaces. Shutters are made of sturdy and durable materials that might further discourage burglars from trying to break into your house or backyard cabana.
- Exterior rolling shutters are motorized and can be integrated into smart home systems. It has never been easier to transform your house, decide on how much light you want to let in, or protect it from harsh weather when you are not around. Integrate the shutters with Alexa or any other smart home system, and you can remotely control them whenever (and wherever) you like.
- They provide a cost-effective alternative to completely replacing all the windows and doors to achieve energy efficiency. Energy-efficient glass and window frames are still quite expensive, and it might be a while before you see a return on your investment.
- Shutters can be customized and painted, and they do not ruin the aesthetics of your house.
- They are easy to maintain, repair, and replace.